Become A Volunteer
Information for Volunteers
To become certified as a Telephone Crisis Counselor, candidates must:
- Complete a competency-based course of studies in all required areas of the education program.
- Complete a minimum of 12 hours in practicum / apprenticeship.
- Demonstrate competency in learned skills and the attitudes and personal qualities deemed appropriate to this ministry.
- Sign a Pledge of Confidentiality.
- Sign a Commitment to Service.
Volunteers who serve as Telephone Crisis Counselors must:
- Be compassionate.
- Be able to keep confidences.
- Have completed certification requirements.
Commitment to Service
Volunteers completing certification requirements are asked to pledge a minimum of 8 hours of service per month for a period of at least one year.